Pages

19 September 2013

Angie Snyman


 
 How fabulous would it be to start Summer looking as slim and trim and toned as the stunning lady above? Well we most certainly would kill to look like her!
 
We have been trying to motivate you lovely ladies into getting into shape for Summer but atlas we are only novices in this field and don't think we are doing a very good job at that. So we have enlisted some help from someone who CLEARLY knows what she is doing. We introduce to you the amazing Angie Snyman featured on the above Fitness magazine cover.
 
Angie is going to be sharing her tips and tricks of the trade to ensure we are all looking beach ready in no time. Angie will take over our 'Motivational Monday' posts so be sure to follow closely.
 
We caught up with Angie to find out a little more about her and how she became so passionate about fitness.  
 
 
Tell us a little bit about yourself, your background and how you got into fitness?
I was born in Pietermaritzburg, I grew up in Durban & for the past 4 years I have been living in Richards Bay (moving back to Durban again soon). I have always been a very active individual who loves stepping out of my comfort zone. I needed a change of scenery though & therefore decided to start competing. It is one of the most challenging things I ever done as it takes 100% heart, dedication & discipline. I absolutely love it though. I have such a passion for health & fitness.
 
What motivated you to start training?
I wanted to try something new, I have always been very skinny (I use to weigh a whole 10KG's lighter then I do now). So ultimately I wanted to get into shape & start focusing more on my health.
 
How often do you train and where?
6 times a week at Virgin Active.

What sort of exercises do you do?
I do weight training, which consists of high repititions.

How long have you been competing for?  

1 year, I competed at my very first competition in August 2012.

We see you were recently on the cover of Fitness magazine, WOW! What did you enjoy most about the shoot?
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING, having my hair & make-up done,& dressing up into the most gorgeous Brasilfit active wear, it was a great morning, filled with fun & Laughter.

What did it mean to you being on the cover of a magazine like Fitness?
It has always been a dream & it honestly still feels Like one...one of my personal goals are to inspire as many women (of all ages) as possible& in becoming the Fitness Magazine Cover Girl I hope to have shown each& everyone that DREAMS DO COME TRUE...it does not matter where you come from...you have what it takes, you just need to work towards your goals...! I hope to inspire many more along the way.

If you had to give ladies one tip on getting bikini ready what would it be?
Put your health first, it's all about making a LIFESTYLE change, in doing so you do not only get that gorgeous beach body but you also enjoy the benefits of being healthier. Get out more, have fun, be active & Live Life...!
 
 
 
Angie winning the WBFF Diva Fitness Model category where she was awarded with a PRO card.
 
I am sure you can all agree that her body to drop dead gorgeous! So lets all pull up our socks, eat clean, train mean and do Angie proud!

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow...what a great post! Thanks for blogging about it! Angie is truly an inspiration to any women and/or man who wants to change their lifestyle to a more healthier one! She will definitely look great in a Roxstar Bikini ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I really have to stop my nonsense and get exercising and eat healthy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw THANK YOU so much for the LOVELY words Megan :)

    ReplyDelete